2016 Fall Voice Conference
October 13-15, 2016
DoubleTree Resort, Scottsdale, Arizona
The Fall Voice Conference is designed to encourage and educate professionals on a multi-disciplinary approach to the management of vocal disorders. The focus of this conference is the clinical care of patients with voice-related difficulties and how clinical and basic science research guide clinical care.
The conference will be divided among invited lectures, panel discussions, and scientific presentations. Physicians, Speech-Language Pathologists, Voice Scientists and Voice Teachers are encouraged to attend and participate.
Fall Voice 2016 Main Program
Friday, October 14 - Saturday, October 15
DOWNLOAD MAIN PROGRAM HERE
Thomas Murry, Ph.D.
Professor of Speech Pathology in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
Dr. Thomas Murry, Professor, Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Loma Linda
University, Loma Linda California is co-director of the Loma Linda Voice and Swallowing Center. He
is also the owner of MURRY ASSOCIATES, a consulting group specialized in program development, clinical
services management, curriculum development, editorial services, and solutions for special problems of
the voice, breathing and swallowing. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Florida and his post-doctoral
training from the Communication Sciences Laboratory, University of Florida.
Tobias Riede, DVM, PhD
Assistant Professor, Midwestern University
Dr. Tobias Riede, Assistant Professor at Midwestern University has extensive research interests in vocal production,
in the integration of respiratory and vocal movements as well as in vocal communication. Specifically, he studies
basic mechanisms and constraints underlying voice production. He uses neurophysiological techniques, macroscopic
and microscopic imaging, sound analysis and biomechanical tests in order to explore how complex vocal behavior in
vertebrates is generated and controlled, and how it evolved.
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
- Dysphagia and Transnasal Esophagoscopy (TNE) Hands-on Workshop
(CME accredited course limited to first 30 registrants)
8:00am - 2:00pm - AGENDA
- Introduction to High Resolution Manometry for ENT & SLP Course
2:00pm - 5:00pm - AGENDA
Thursday, October 13, 2016 - Pre Conference
Friday, October 14, 2016 - Main Conference
- SLP Pre-Conference: "Voice Treatment and Maintenance Across the Lifespan: Considerations for the Vocal Athlete"
- Laryngology Fellows Day (Fellowship candidates, in fellowship and 1 year Post-Fellowship)
- Early Career Laryngologists Program (Two-Seven Years Post Fellowship)
- Icarus at LFD/ECL - A joint meeting will be held between the LFD and ECL on Thursday, October 13th. Jim Burns will be leading the discussion and is asking all involved to submit cases in advance. If you have a case you would like presented at the Icarus, please sent it to Jim Burns @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, October 15, 2016 - Main Conference/PAVA Concurrent Session
Sunday, October 16, 2016 - PAVA/NSDA Concurrent Sessions